top of page

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  • We are planning a trip to Campobello Island from Maine, Do we need passports?  The Canada Border Services Agency is the best resource for this information as the officers at the Campobello Border will be the ones processing you and allowing you into the country.  They have a contact line at 1-800-461-9999.   

  • Do we need to take a ferry?  Answer:  If you are travelling from Canada and do not wish to enter the United States then yes.  The Ferry from Deer Island, New Brunswick is the only way to Campobello.  I you are comfortable and want to travel via the US Borders, then no.   

  • Do businesses take American Dollars?  Answer:  Island Businesses do accept US Currency.  Some give an exchange rate and some do not.  It is recommended to use your credit/debit cards at businesses as you can then take advantage of your banks exchange rate.  

  • What businesses are open in Lubec?   Answer: is a one stop shop for the information on our mainland neighbour.

  • What Events are happening during my visit?  Answer:  An events Calendar has been added to our Things to Do page.  As information comes in, we update it as quickly as we can.  Let us know if we have missed any island events!  

bottom of page